Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Game Over Man, Game Over...

Now I don't really get computer games; that's mainly because I'm rubbish at them. I had a sega Mastersystem in my youth; but I could never complete Sonic The Hedgehog. I knew a few moves on Street Fighter 2 [NES] but always got beat. I did once complete Double Dragon on my Amstrad CPC6128... And as you'll see below I enjoyed the BBC's K9 game mainly because its designed to be easy enough for anyone to play!

My Cousin 'gets' computer games and is a massive advocate of them in grown-up publications like The Economist. He writes nice things about them all the time www.tomstandage.com

Now I have no massive objection to gaming but when you hear stories [thanx SH] like the one below you've got to think twice:

I heard a story a while ago about a man killing his friend because of an online game. The story goes that a man was obsessed with some computer game that is played online against worldwide apponants. He bacame icredibly good at the game and had got some special all powerful sword/weapon that was highly sort after. In the real world the man took a holiday abroad. He decided to lend this 'sword' to his friend so they could play with it in his absence. While he was away his friend sold the 'sword' for a vaste sum. When the man returned from holiday to discover the sword had been sold he went round to his friend's house and killed him.

And if you don't believe its true click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home